Vampire facelift is a new-age cosmetic surgery, that is said to be even better than Botox, which is expensive and has considerable side effects. The procedure requires licensed doctors as it demands skilled hands and excellent knowledge about the process. Remember, the procedure may take a drastic turn if done by unskilled professionals in spas and wellness centres.
A Vampire Facelift, unlike Botox and other cosmetic surgeries, is somewhat complicated because it involves drawing one’s own blood from the arm and spinning it in a centrifuge to separate the platelets. These platelets are then used to add volume to the tissues that need corrective procedures. Before drawing blood, doctors need to do a lot of research as to which portions of the face need how much lift.
The procedure involves a fine needle so that it causes minimum pain. Painless creams are used to numb the facial tissue, and Hyaluronic acid or HA fillers, that help in lifting the skin from the bone and gives your face a youthful, plumper look are also used.
Advantages of Vampire Facelift
- A better alternative for Botox: Botox or neurotoxin procedures are not just expensive but may have extreme side effects. These may include pain at the injection site, infection, inflammation, bleeding, bruising, redness and more. While some these indicate allergic reactions, others can lead to severe consequences like wheezing, asthma, dizziness and fainting. Some patients have also reported dryness of mouth, headache and neck pain. None of these side effects happen after a Vampire Facelift.
- No allergy tests are required: It is probably the safest cosmetic procedure on the planet since the main ingredient is one’s own blood. The process that is adopted for extracting the blood is known as the Selphyl procedure, which lasts for about 15 months before a repeat procedure is required.
- Cost-effective and affordable: Unlike all the other beauty procedures like Botox and line plumpers, this procedure is considerably cheaper and ranges from $900 to $1,500.
- A multi-purpose procedure: Vampire facelift also helps in skin rejuvenation, but it also plays an essential role in hair repair and is said to promote hair growth. It is also used to heal torn tendons and sports injuries.
- Micro-needling makes it less invasive: The needle that is used in the procedure is tiny and does not cause injuries to the skin. During each session, a microneedle roller with super fine needles is run over the face. These needles prick the outer layer of the skin, making micro wounds. This process stimulates collagen and elastin production.
After the micro-needling procedure is done, the platelets are injected directly to the wounds to speed up the healing process. These platelets are also known as growth factors, which, when inserted in high concentration, boost soft tissue regeneration.
- Vampire Facelift has a long-lasting effect: Traditional fillers and Botox work immediately to rejuvenate the skin, the results of which wear off in 12-18 months. However, that is not the case with Vampire Facelift. There is one more disadvantage of Botox. It blocks the nerve signals to your facial muscles, which reduces the facial muscle activity. This removes or reduces the wrinkles on the face. While this is a significant side effect, it does not last long, and lines begin to reappear after about 6 months.
Botox must be injected every 3-6 months, unlike the Vampire Facelift, that lasts for over 2 years before the procedure needs to be repeated. It is entirely different from the Vampire Facelift, which is based on the natural process of rejuvenation and healing. A Vampire Facelift stimulates the body’s natural collagen production and leaves a lasting effect. It continues to work long after the first session of natural and gradual rejuvenation.
- It is natural and guarantees speedy healing: The platelets from the patient’s body are injected to improve the texture of the skin, especially of those who have crepey skin. Once the platelets are introduced into the body, it starts healing the tissues damaged due to micro needling and fills up the void created due to old age. A word of advice for our readers.
Always remember that platelets can bring back the volume in areas which previously had some bulk, not in the regions that were always hollow. While the Vampire Facelift uses natural process, dermal fillers and Botox are used in combination with neurotoxins for a non surgical facelift. Dermal fillers help in filling spaces on the skin that have become hollow due to age, irrespective whether they were previously voluminous or not.